Автор Тема: Bidirectional Translation  (Прочитано 97 раз)

PaulPulver

• Просмотр профиля
  • Должность: SEO
  • Место работы: PFUR
Bidirectional Translation
« : Август 09, 2018, 17:44:08 »
Hi,

I'm starting to do something new in my language learning. Once a week I'm taking a piece of text and translating it into English. While previously I rarely sat down and translated texts, previous experiences have shown it really helps me notice sentence construction - and really think about the meaning. So it struck me that perhaps translating back into Korean afterward might have some use. After searching with Google, I found that Luca Lamperiello is a proponent of using this (and watched a video/read an article by him on it). However after page 1 of search hits, I pretty much run into machine learning hits from there on.But some of you may have done this. My questions are:
1) What am I aiming to get from specifically translating back to Korean which I might not get with other writing I do in Korean?
2) How do I assess my end result, given it will almost certainly differ from the original text (and in some cases may not actually be wrong)?
3) Is there a timing component to doing this? Would I be reading, translating and translating back all in the same sitting to get good effect? Would reading one one day, translating the next, and back the following day lose some of the magic?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=6663
video demonstration

Thank you.

drhcnsehx